Totem Head’s Annual Contest
2017 Writing Contest for Kids
We prefer entries be mailed through the USPS, but you may also email your entry.
What: ”Totem Head’s Story Contest” Sponsored by Adventure Write
Who: The contest is open to US residents under 19 years old.
Note to parents: If your child cannot write yet, you may type their words for them.
DEADLINE: Send your entry before 31 Dec 2017.
1. Ages 8 and under
2. Ages 9-10
3. Ages 11-12
4. Ages 13-18
5. All ages, any beginning (stories in this category do not have to begin with “So there I was”)
One winner from each category will receive the following prizes.
1. Publication on AdventureWrite.com
2. $20 cash
3. Certificate of Achievement
Adventure Write and/or our guest judges will choose one winner from each category based on:
1. Suitability for the Adventure Write website
2. Entertainment and Creativity
3. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation
How to Enter:
1. Finish Totem Head’s Tutorial.
2. Write a story in 1500 words or less. Make your story appropriate for kids. The first sentence should start with “So there I was”.
3. Fill out a Contest Entry Form
4. Send your submission(s) through the mail to:
Adventure Write – Story Contest
P.O. Box 872241
Wasilla AK 99687
We prefer you send your entry through the mail to us, but you may email your entry IF you follow these instructions:
- PASTE your story into the body of the email.
- Attach your signed entry form.
- In the SUBJECT LINE, include: Age or Category / Story Title / Author’s Name
- Email to: contest@AdventureWrite.com
- Please send separate emails for separate entries.
1. Save a stamp! You may send multiple entries in one envelope.
2. Ask someone to proofread your story for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and consistent verb tense.
3. USE SPELLCHECK.
4. Get feedback/corrections on your story from a friend, parent, or teacher before penning your final draft.
5. Don’t end your story with “and then I woke up.” Stories with an ending where you wake up and it was all just a dream don’t do well in our contest.
Please note: All submissions become the property of Adventure Write, and we cannot return them.
Winner Notification: Adventure Write will announce winners on this website and on Facebook, and we will notify winners via email and snail mail in March 2018. We’ll post the winning stories on AdventureWrite.com no later than summer 2018.Please help us spread the word. Download, copy, and distribute any of these forms:
Ready to Start?